Say hello to 2017!
It is yet another year.
Another year to start anew.
Another year to make up from the mistakes we’ve made last year
Another year to do the things we couldn’t achieve in the past.
We all want comfort, success at hand and worry-free future, that’s why we always make this so-call “New Year’s Resolution” every start of the year.
Since a new year signifies another cycle of life where opportunities rises, a possibility of success and mend broken hearts, we try to formulate a plan on how our new year would turn out to be. We are even hopeful and excited as we write them down that we even tell everyone we know about these plans.
I, myself, have one.
And because I am still young, I have these wildest imaginations what my older self will be and her achievements: A desired career, a brand new car, new set of fashion clothes, latest gadgets and phones, a beautiful house, travel around the world – these things are awesome.
Sad to say, our life will never go the way we wanted it to. It is full of surprises. Sometimes we are even taken off guard when those unfathomable or unexpected events happen in our lives. And more often, it’s too late for us to respond appropriately, thus, makes it another addition for the mistakes we had to mend, to turn us back on the track we set for the year.
What can we do about it?
Sometimes, or should I say most of the time, we become tired of following the plans we set for the year because those unwanted events let us down. Then we tend to wake up for another day lifelessly; without eagerness or motivation.
Should we let them win, let discouragements and disasters in life overtake us from being joyful in life?
For me, I don’t think so. I will not waste my life by thinking and worrying how this year may go wrong.
That’s why this is my new year’s resolution:
- I have a goal, I will do my best to achieve whatever the circumstances may be.
- I will stay positive and motivated because negativity and discouragements doesn’t own me
- I will keep on learning – sometime this year I will surely make mistakes and have failures BUT it will never let me down; I will learn from it and grow from it.
- I won’t stop dreaming. It may be hard to achieve success or to be in a place where I want to be or work on the career I wanted to have, but it is never too late to take small steps to reach it.
- I will be prayerful. I know I can’t do things on my own and I admit that I need help. I will keep on praying to God, my Lord and my Savior for wisdom, guidance, protection and strength as I move towards the life He had in store for me. I will surely reach there.
- Lastly, I won’t hold grudges – I am no superman (or woman), so, I also feel bad and mad when someone hurt me, especially if that person is close to me or someone I loved. But if I focus too much about it, it will surely hold me from reaching my goal. Why? Because planting a seed of hatred bears fruit of anger and vengeance in my heart. I don’t want that. It will keep me in the past which I can never turn back again. Time goes on, so is my life. Therefore, I decided to forgive and learn from it; find a solution so that the past hurt won’t happen again.
These are my desires.
Though it is difficult to be consistent in achieving it, at least, I did my very best to do whatever it takes to get there.
Have a happy new year ahead!